Word of the Director
Burkina Faso, our country, has been experiencing a mining boom for a few years. To support this development of the mining sector and enable our country to benefit from it, it is essential to train human resources adapted to the needs of this emerging sector.
The IST, in its mission, proposes to accompany the State in the training of highly qualified human resources. In this perspective, it has already committed to innovative training opportunities: biomedical engineering, food engineering, industrial engineering, environmental engineering and management sciences.
Continuing its momentum, the IST is preparing to make available to its customers training offers just as innovative as audacious, always in the spirit of its mission.
Hoping all these innovations will be at your convenience, I wish you all the best and wish you a pleasant time on our website istburkina.com
Background and Mission
It is increasingly recognized that the development of Africa requires the qualification of its human resources. It is in this sense that vocational training seems particularly important in an environment marked by globalization and competition. The IST, which is a technical and vocational higher education establishment created in the form of a Private Law LLC by five partners (three engineers and two managers), approved by the State of Burkina Faso, is part of this perspective. .
Its mission is to offer students, students and workers top-level courses during the day and in the evening classes.
Opened in October 2000 with 64 students and two tracks of BTS (Electronics and Maintenance Computer and Finance Accounting), the IST counts for the year 2011-2012 more than 500 students. The Institute has developed and implemented new training courses. Thanks to international collaborations, notably with the Cégep Régional de Lanaudière and the International Center for Applied Higher Studies of Canada, several curricula in various fields of computer science, biomedical maintenance and agribusiness have been developed.
Organization chart and staff
The Institute is organized according to the following instances in accordance with its legal status of SARL and the specifications of private higher education in Burkina:
- The general direction,
- Academic Direction,
- The General Secretariat.
Instances of the IST
Composition of the Scientific Council
In accordance with the specifications of private higher education in Burkina Faso, the Scientific and Technical Council includes:
A President: Pr. Jean de Dieu ZABSONRE;
Council Member: Abdoul Salam GANAME
DG and Member: Issa COMPAORE
Member of the Board: Mamadou AOUBA
Council Member: Jean François KAMBOU
- ZOMA W. Laurent, Secretary General of IST
- Adama DOUAMBA, Assistant to the Academic Director of IST
- THIONBIANO Patindé, Head of Science and Technology Department
- ILBOUDO Adama Désiré, Head of Department of Management Sciences
Under the partner universities
- The Director of the IUT of Bobo-Dioulasso, Dr. Bétaboalé NAON,
- The Director of the ESI of Bobo-Dioulasso, Dr. KABORE Mbi,
- The Director General of CIESA, Pr BADY Badibanga,
- The Director of London Graduate School, Pr MARVIN
- The Materials and Environment Laboratory, Prof. ZOUGMORE François Associate Professor, University of Ouagadougou
- The professional license manager at IUT de Périgueux, Bordeaux IV, Pr Benoît JAMET Associate Professor in Management
- Dr. Albert OUEDRAOGO, Director of IPSO Conseils,
- Jean François KAMBOU, State Engineer in Computer Science, DGA SONAR Vie
- Mr Marcel KONKOBO, Biomedical Engineer, Director of Faso IMB sarl,
- Dr. BATIONO Frédéric, Director of Exploitation of the Loumbila Fruit and Vegetable Society
- Mr. GUIEBRE Sylvestre, Electromechanical Engineer, President of the APMB
- Prof Yves TRAORE, Director of PARTEC West Africa
- Mr FORO Didace Saturnin, Biomedical Engineer, Air Liquide
- Prof. Jean Pierre GEORGIN, Lecturer at the University of Paris XII;
- Dr. Paul SARAMBE, Doctor in Economics,
- Mr. Issa COMPAORE, Industrial Engineering Engineer, Director General of IST
- Dr. Noel THIOMBIANO, PhD in Economics (PTCI)
- Pr Ag Abel BAMOUNI, Ouaga I
- Dr. M. Joseph SOMDA, doctor